The story of an ex-Fellows, Morton & Clayton butty
Video by permission of C.Harrison
Hampton was fully restored in 2017.
Hampton was built in 1911 and until 1948 was part of the Fellows, Morton & Clayton fleet.
During the next forty five years it passed through the hands of various owners and was finally acquired by the Hutchinson family in 1993.
This web site chronicles the main events in Hampton's past. In the last twenty five years it has undergone major work including the addition of an hydraulic drive, a steel undercloth conversion, extensive steel work (a new base plate and footings, a rebuilt back end, a steel back cabin etc.)
We have tried to maintain the historic nature and appearance of the boat, while at the same time making it comfortable and suitable for today's extended cruising.